COVID-19 is threatening many tourist destinations. They are experiencing a huge economic loss from drastic decreases in tourism numbers. Tourism businesses and authorities can take strategic actions to reduce the impacts and restore tourism demand.
Tourist destinations must take action now and continue to do so once COVID-19 has been controlled to minimize negative impacts and restore tourism numbers.
- The Tourism sector is currently one of the hardest-hit by the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), with impacts on both travel supply and demand, particularly in China, the world’s leading outbound market, and other key Asian and European destinationssuch as Italy.
- Most regions has been severely impacted, particularly Asia, Europe and the Americas. Italy, China, the US, Spain and France are also experiencing devastating mortality rates.
- The uncertainty, further restrictions and announcements are dramatically impacting tourism destinations and it can be suggested that tourism reliant destinations may not rebound from this. This is due to many tourism companies being under threat of closing permanently if governments do not provide assistance such as bailouts.
- The brand image of destinations may be irreversibly damaged due to how the outbreak has been responded to within specific countries. If a country has responded poorly towards COVID-19 and shown a slow reaction, then tourists may have a negative attitude towards this destination and have doubts about visiting after the pandemic has been controlled. Tourism authorities must promote and reassure tourists that the destination is safe to attract tourists when COVID-19 is controlled.
- This report provides an insight into what actions destinations can take to keep prospective travellers engaged at this trying time. It also provides case studies from each region looking at specific examples of the kind of strategies being adopted.
Key report benefits:
- Gain an overview of the current global COVID-19 situation
- Understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on destinations
- Look at the measures destinations can take to keep travellers engaged
- Examine examples of strategies being employed
- Understand what the future may hold for destinations
Key Topics Covered:
- Overview of impacts on destinations
- Potential actions that destinations can take
- An insight to specific destinations
- APAC – China and Thailand
- Americas – The US
- Europe – United Kingdom and Italy
- Middle East/Africa – Dubai and South Africa
- Brand USA
- Thai Airways
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3b8j3k
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets